Thursday, November 17, 2011

RCIA classes...


I started taking RCIA classes in September...my husband is also taking them and our daughter is in communion classes at the church.  I absolutely love my class and my teachers.  I am learning so much about the church and its beliefs...things that were never quite clear to me as a Protestant are making more sense...I also have a Rosary and I started doing that as well.  I was a little nervous about praying to Mary...it was a completely foreign concept...but in my RCIA classes, I learned that Mary is seen as an Intercessor...so, we are praying to her for intervention...like, when you ask a friend to pray on your behalf...I have already seen her at work in my life...for instance...last week, I prayed for a few people that we had not heard from in a long time...all I did was mention their name before I said the "Hail Mary" part of the Rosary...I try to meditate on different people as I say it...anyway, a week after I mentioned their names in the Rosary, we heard from both...one was a man that had a falling out with my husband...he did something I never thought he would do (this man is an atheist so I keep praying for him)...he came up to my husband at an event they were both at and apologized to him for all the nasty things he has been saying about Brian...my husband has a radio talk show down here and is well-known in the community...the other person was a lady who is a devout Catholic that we have not heard from in years...she is elderly and I was worried about her...I mentioned her name in the Rosary and out of the blue, she called...I was amazed!  I am also learning about the Saints and praying to them as well...NOT worshipping, just asking for intercession...it is comforting to know I have so many souls praying for me and I can tell...I am more at peace and calmer...

No comments:

Post a Comment